1. What’s a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file saved on your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) when you visit an online service from your browser. It allows the entity emitting the cookie to identify the device in which it’s saved, during the validity period of the cookie.
When you visit our website, data related to your device’s browser can be saved in files called « Cookies ». They are installed on your device unless you made the choice not to, choice that you can modify at any time.
2. What are cookies on our website for?
Reading or editing cookies’ data can only be done by the website implementing them.
The cookies used on our website allow us to:
- optimize our website’s presentation to match your device's display preferences (language, display resolution, operating system, etc.);
- remember the data related to a form you filled on our website (sign-up, authentication or access to your account) ;
- access private and personal areas on our website, such as your account, using login info or other data you provided previously ;
- improve security measures, for instance when the website asks the user to login again after a certain amount of time ;
- set up statistics and web traffic information in order to improve its use, the paths and the available functionalities.
3. Your choice regarding cookies
Saving a cookie on a device is dependant on the wishes of the device's main user who can, for free and at any time, modify the choices made on his or her browser. If you agreed via your browser settings to have cookies saved on your device, the cookies integrated in the pages and content that you recently visited will be temporarily saved in a dedicated area on your device. They will only be accessible to the website emitting the cookie.
If you refuse that cookies be saved on your device, or if you delete previously saved cookies, you won't benefit anymore from some functionalities necessary for navigating our website. For instance, you can't access your account or your subscription that requires you to enter your login information. The same goes for if we or our service providers need to know, for technical and statistical reasons, the type of browser used on your device, its language and display settings, or the country from which you are connected. In these instances, we can't be held responsible for consequences related to the downgraded quality of service resulting from our inability to save and view the necessary cookies you would have refused or deleted.
You can set your browser to save cookies on your device or to reject them, either systematically or depending on the website that emits them.
You can also set your browser so that the acceptance or refusal of cookies be proposed to you each time a cookie is about to be saved on your device.
Managing cookies and your choices regarding them is different for each browser. Those differences are described in the help section of your browser and will allow you to understand how to modify your choices.
Depending on your browser, we invite you to visit the corresponding link below to learn how to set your preferences regarding cookies:
In case you are using a browser different from the ones listed above, we invite you to visit your browser's help section.
We also encourage you to visit the "Personal data" section of the CNIL website (National Commission on Computer Technology and Freedom)